Python Win32 Silent Install

Brad Tilley bradtilley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 21:01:08 EST 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:
... innocent and ignorant users who are concerned about finding
> this thing called "Python" on their new machines, and most of
> them seem curiously more interested in removing it than in discovering
> what it actually is there for.

This has been my experience as well. I don't have millions or even
thousands of users... only hundreds. However, this is the exact same
reason that I try to hide Python installs and make them unremovable. I
guess all of the Windows based Spyware and Adware have made people
overly cautious... if it looks suspicious, then remove it. To the
average user, the name 'Python' doesn't sound harmless either.