PIL for Windows for Python 2.4

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Dec 13 11:08:06 EST 2004

Steve Holden wrote:

> Fuzzyman wrote:
>
>> That's odd - it worked fully *both* times I've done it.
>>
>> I did the *full* doenload though and downloaded the 13 CAB files
>> individually and did a local install.
>>

> I made the mistake of trying to use the Microsoft installer, which is
> frankly a load of crap. As I write it's now canceling a fifth
> installation attempt, as it have been for the last twenty minutes. Bah.

As a further follow-up, I have now managed to install the Egenix base
package from source (even building my own Windows installer: neat!), so
it looks like I'm there - thanks for encouraging me to persist, I did
eventually manage to install by downloading the installer files and
running them locally.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119