How about "pure virtual methods"?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 04:49:57 EST 2004

Noam Raphael <noamr at remove.the.dot.myrea.lbox.com> wrote:

> > That's what DbC languages are for. You write the contracts first, then
> > the code to fullfill them. And get exceptions when the implementation
> > doesn't do what the contract claims it does.
>
> Can you give me a name of one of them? This is a very interesting thing
> - I should learn one of those sometime. However, I'm pretty sure that
> programming in them is hell, or at least, takes a very long time.

If you want to experiment with DbC within Python, I think you might want
to try <http://www.pypackage.org/packages/python-dbc> -- not sure it's
maintained and up-to-date with today's Python, but I suspect the answer
is "yes", and it would give you a chance to try DbC as a methodology,
quite separately from the issue of changing programming languages.

Alex