window size in IDLE

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Fri Dec 3 11:36:29 EST 2004

p.kosina said unto the world upon 2004-12-03 04:04:
> Can I somehow in config-main.cfg set how big shall (and where) open  the
> IDLE window?  Cause in my w98 it is always opening so that I can not see
> the bottom line....
>
> Thank you
> Pavel

Hi Pavel,

I had the same issue with IDLE 1.03 running on Python 2.3.4 with WinMe.
(Please pity me.)

Yesterday I installed Python 2.4, and the included version of IDLE (1.1)
has solved this for me. Try Menu->Options->Configure IDLE->General
tab->Initial Window size. That option never did anything for me with
IDLE 1.03, but with 1.1, works like a charm.

HTH,

Brian vdB