help using sockets, and OOP?

Dfenestr8 chrisdewinN0SPAM at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 5 15:02:40 EST 2004

Hi.

I realise, that there's probably something intrinsic to OOP that I don't
understand here. Or maybe it's something to do with sockets. I'm not sure.

Basically, I'm trying to hack up an IRC bot, that joins two servers at
once. I use two object instancs of the same class, both of which make
connections using the socket module.

Problem is, I can't seem to get both objects to connect to their
constituent servers at the same time. I'm not sure whether it's that both
objects can't instantiate at once, or whether only one can use the socket
module at any one time.

Here's my code:

http://plz.donthack.us/~hairyman/mybot.py

Can anybody see what it is I'm missing?