expression form of one-to-many dict?

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Mon Dec 20 18:56:06 EST 2004

bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) writes:

> On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:29:27 +0100, "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> (or maybe a restricted unquote_arg function for better safety).
> E.g., double back-tick is a syntax error now, so you could write
>
>     def ternary(c, ``t, ``f):
>         if c: return eval(t)
>         else: return eval(f)

Actually, I think it would be more pythonic if the indication of
non-evaluation happened at the function invocation instead of the
function definition. Having it at the function definition makes it
implicit at the function invocation point.  Having functions that
expect objects of certain types (closures in this case, right?) is
pretty much standard operating procedure.

       <mike