Named pipes in threads

Michael Fuhr mfuhr at fuhr.org
Sun Dec 12 12:29:36 EST 2004

"Philippe C. Martin" <philippecmartin at sbcglobal.net> writes:

> I currently have a "working" script that uses sockets to handle threads
> communications - the problem is that it gives me obvious problems in handling
> free ports (launching the script more than once ....).

Who is communicating with whom?  Threads communicating with other
threads in the same process?  Threads communicating with a peer
external to the process?  What "obvious problems" are you having?

> Is thread named pipes communication allowed ?

What happened when you tried it?

What are you trying to do?  Perhaps if you backed up and described
the "what" we could make better recommendations about the "how."

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/