BASIC vs Python

Philippe C. Martin philippecmartin at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 16 13:16:38 EST 2004

>>and it was the only interpreter I've ever used that had no compilation
>>phase whatsoever) is no easier to deal with than compiled C. Ditto for
>>the various flavors of LISP I've worked with.

I do find working with an interpreter easier than with a compiler.  A _long_
time ago, I recall a boss telling me that I should write 5 lines of C a day
and compile/debug them twice at most (since it was so slow to get the stuff
compiled/linked anyway).

_one_ of the reasons why I intend to stick with python is because it's
interpreted/interactive