newbie questions

houbahop d.lapasset
Sat Dec 11 07:43:01 EST 2004

Thank you everyone, but I still not understand why such a comon feature like
passing parameters byref that is present in most serious programming
languages is not possible in a clean way,here in python.

I have the habit to never use globals as far as possible and this involve
that my main function is passing some parameters by reference to subs to
allow them to modify the vars.

I would be sad to break my structured programming scheme because a lack of
feature.

In others languages you can use things like pointers to strings or
Mysub(byref MyVar) ....

and it does the trick :)