Best GUI for small-scale accounting app?

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Wed Dec 29 13:48:50 EST 2004

On Dec 29, 2004, at 1:06 PM, Gabriel Cosentino de Barros wrote:

> So, to be more direct: If you create one app that opens one window
> with one button in wxWindow and exit (exit, so that 'time' can
> canculate it for you), and then the same thing in Dabo, what's the
> time diference?

	I used the timeit module to run the programs you suggested 10 times
apiece, and the average times for each were:

plain wxPython: 0.57768230438
Dabo: 0.6913671494

	When you consider that the main app in Dabo also sets up a number of
things that the wx.PySimpleApp doesn't, this is better than I imagined.
Thanks for the impetus to run this test.

      ___/
     /
    __/
   /