pythonwin broke

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Dec 3 16:35:59 EST 2004

Trent Mick <trentm at ActiveState.com> writes:

> It is also possible that there is some little installer bug or detail
> on your environment that is causing the problem. You could try
> ActivePython. I regularly install and uninstall ActivePython 2.3 and
> 2.4 installers and both installs are still working fine.

Just as another data point, I have all of Python 1.5.2, 2.0.1, 2.1.3,
2.2.3, 2.3.4 and 2.4 installed side by side on my Windows box, as
installed by their standard installers, without any problems.  And
that includes uninstall/reinstall cycles for patch releases of
versions older than the most recent (e.g., putting on 2.2.3 after a
2.3 variant was already installed).  The only real restriction is as
you noted - only one can own the file associations (or be associated
with the COM support for pywin32).

In case it matters, I do install everything as administrator for all
users and this is under 2K (my NT box has everything but 2.4).

-- David