Lambda going out of fashion

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Fri Dec 24 18:06:29 EST 2004

Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at iinet.net.au> writes:

> jfj wrote:
> Python 3.0 will be a case of "OK, let's take the things we learned
> were good and keep them, and throw away the things we realised were
> bad"
>
> Undoubtedly, the two languages will co-exist for quite some time.

Perl 6.0 is going to include even more drastic changes. It will also
include a Perl 5.x interpreter, and will have to be switched to 6.0
mode by a magic cookie of some kind in the source. Possibly Python 3.0
could do something similar. Use the same byte code engine, and a
compiler switch that enables the gotchas. Or maybe
"from __past__ import gotchas"

      <mike