Python 3000 and "Python Regrets"

beliavsky at aol.com beliavsky at aol.com
Wed Dec 1 13:16:34 EST 2004

I just came across the slides for Guido van Rossum's "Python Regrets"
talk, given in 2002. It worries me that much of my Python code would
be broken if all of his ideas were implemented. He doesn't even like
'print'. Of course, I am not qualified to argue with Van Rossum about
the direction of Python.

When is Python "3000" expected to appear? Is there a list of expected
incompatibilities with Python 2.3? Are serious Python programmers
already taking care to avoid using Python features that may disappear
in Python 3000?