Boo who? (was Re: newbie question)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Dec 20 17:30:23 EST 2004

"Luis M. Gonzalez" <luismgz at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1103579296.951417.320000 at c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> As for the first ones, there's no reason to bash this project
> gratuitelly.

[gratuitously] I agree with this...

> It is as important and "python related" as other projects
> such as PyPy, Stackless,

but I think this is silly.  PyPy is an alternate implementation of Python,
not a different language.  Stackless is a compiled extension, like many
others, that works with the standard implementation or maybe still a minor
modification thereof.

> Prothon, etc...

This I again agree with.  I understand that Prothon is also a *different*
though Python inspired language.  Also that it is still under development.
I have no idea of which has diverged more or whether they have mostly gone
in the same or different directions (a possibly interesting topic for a
post).  But neither are as 'Python related' as Python itself.

Terry J. Reedy