Clearing the screen

Ishwor ishwor.gurung at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 21:03:53 EST 2004

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 01:47:42 GMT, Steven Bethard
<steven.bethard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Scott David Daniels wrote:
> > Nick Coghlan wrote:

> >> I just tried it - IDLE ignores PYTHONSTARTUP, as does PythonWin (I
> >> just started using PYTHONSTARTUP to switch the standard prompt from
> >> '>>>' to "Py>').
> >>
> >> I believe PYTHONSTARTUP is handled by CPython's main function before
> >> it gets to the interactive interpreter.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Nick.
> >>
> >  From the Fine Manual:
> >     Command line usage
> >     idle.py [-c command] [-d] [-e] [-s] [-t title] [arg] ...
> >
> >     -c command  run this command
> >     -d          enable debugger
> >     -e          edit mode; arguments are files to be edited
> >     -s          run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP first
> >     -t title    set title of shell window
> >
> > On Windows, it is likely to be idle.pyw.  So, add a -s to the command
> > line used in the shortcut to start Idle.
>
> Anyone know if there is a similar option to PythonWin?  I looked around
> a bit, but couldn't find one...

i was just tinkering with it actually. ;-)
In your command prompt just do
Pythonwin.exe /run "C:\Python24\file\PyFiles\clear.py"

or if you hate doing that then just create a batch  script (.bat) as such-

@echo off
start "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\Pythonwin.exe /run
"C:\Python24\file\PyFiles\clear.py" "

see the pythonwin reference manual for more option ;)

> Steve
> --

cheers,
Ishwor Gurung