PyQT installation

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 12:58:23 EST 2004

Jarek Zgoda <jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl> wrote:

> Nanoscalesoft wrote:
>
> > does that mean PyQT is not forward!!!!!!!! What a bad thing is this...
>
> Whoa, how did you get it?
>
> You can buy commercial licenses and be as current as we are on Linux
> with GPL versions of Qt+PyQt. Oh, and QScintilla and Eric3!

MacOSX, too.  And it's COOL to program (haven't looked at all into 4.0
yet -- I'm mostly talking about 3.*)... I dunno, its programming model
just appears to fit my brain very well, I guess.

BTW: used to be that the cheapest way to get commercial licenses for Qt
use from Python only (i.e. if you didn't care to write C++ code for it
anyway) was to purchase BlackAdder -- a usable IDE by itself, btw,
though no doubt not as powerful in debugging as WingIDE.  I haven't
recently checked whether that is still true, however.

Alex