Pythonic use of CSV module to skip headers?

Michael Hoffman m.h.3.9.1.without.dots.at.cam.ac.uk at example.com
Sat Dec 4 06:18:27 EST 2004

Skip Montanaro wrote:

> Assuming the header line has descriptive titles, I prefer the DictReader
> class.  Unfortunately, it requires you to specify the titles in its
> constructor.  My usual idiom is the following:

I deal so much with tab-delimited CSV files that I found it useful to
create a subclass of csv.DictReader to deal with this, so I can just write:

for row in tabdelim.DictReader(file(filename)):

I think this is a lot easier than trying to remember this cumbersome
idiom every single time.
--
Michael Hoffman