PyQt on a Server

Bob Parnes rparnes at megalink.net
Sat Dec 4 13:35:32 EST 2004

On 03 Dec 2004 11:15:26 -0500, Jerry Sievers <jerry at jerrysievers.com> wrote:
> Bob Parnes <rparnes at megalink.net> writes:
>> my /etc/ld.so.conf file already has that lib in it. So something else is
>> happening, but it clearly has nothing to do with python.
>
> Have you run ldconfig (probably /sbin/ldconfig) since the line was
> added to the /etc ld config file?

Good question. I have not done this often, and the need to run ldconfig after
mounting the server /usr directory did not occur to me. So I tried
again, running ldconfig, and it still didn't work. After more checking,
I found that the entry in /etc/ld.so.conf was "usr/X11R6/lib", instead
of "/usr/X11R6/lib". I guess that was good enough during bootup. So adding
the slash and running ldconfig again fixed everything. Thanks very much.

--
Bob Parnes
rparnes at megalink.net