Boo who? (was Re: newbie question)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Dec 19 19:32:49 EST 2004

Doug Holton wrote:
> Boo, a programming language that is virtually identical to python, ...
> See http://boo.codehaus.org/
>
> In fact, since not many seem to be aware of its existence, I encourage
> everyone here to check out boo as an alternative to python.

Why?  If it's virtually identical, why would anyone bother even
visiting that site?  ;-)

But I suspect you mean that the syntax of the language is virtually
identical, while probably there are some significant differences.
Maybe in the richness of its standard library?  Or the size of
its community?  Or something else....

-Peter