Mouse and/or keyboard simulation

Radovan Garabik garabik at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Fri Dec 3 07:51:55 EST 2004

lamb2000 <lamb2000 at lycos.it> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: us-ascii, 21 lines --]
>

>        No one in the world knows the answer to my question!
>        " Is it possible to emulate in Python for Linux the mouse and/or the keyboard?"
>        I am coming from XP, where I have plenty of methods (AutoIt, Macro Express,
> Macro Scheduler and even VBA macro registration in Excel).
>
>        It is not necessary that I use Python (it should be better!). The goal of my request is
> obviously automatization of tasks in X environment, like shell programming in non-graphic
> environment.
>        Examples of application could be:
> - Send queries to the server exacly simulating what I do by hand (urllib technique is difficult
> to apply with certain servers...)
> - Send to the printer or delete part of documents
> -  ... and so on
>
>       I know that all this tasks could be programmed, but for a newbie like me it is easier to
> follow what I already know.null

what you want is an interface to xtest

look for xautomation package (not python, but calling xautomation from
python is trivial)

I used it successfully to get an information out of old win3.1 program
running under WINE
(10000 times (pagedown + screenshot + OCR))

| Radovan Garabík http://melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__    garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk     |