How is Python designed?

Limin Fu fulimin_yuan at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 14:24:25 EST 2004

I think code says thing clearer, here I pasted
a simplified version of my implementation with
depth-tranverse. Note: this simplified version cannot
handle unary computation. To read the real version,
please read one source file of Yuan at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/yuan-language/yuan_devel/source/yn_expression.cpp?view=markup

I just mention a few points in the following codes:
1. evaluation is done during traverse.
2. no need to store "node"s or temporary variables in
a list/queue/stack.
3. when eval() is called, it knows the exact type of
the object.

class node{
  // booleans to tell the type of node:
  bool isVariable,isSomethingElse;

  char oper; // operator
  double  value; // temporary value
  something *tempVarForSomething;

  node *left,*right; // pointers to its sons
  node *parent;  // pointer to its parent

  void eval();
  void trav();
};