How is Python designed?

Limin Fu fulimin_yuan at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 4 04:53:26 EST 2004

> If you want cutting-edge, mind twisting stuff, look
> into
> Psyco extension (Armin Rigo, 1.3 just announced
> here)
> Stackless extension (Christian Tismer)
> PyPy (new interpreter written in Python, several
> people, has EU funding)

That would be interesting. However I am designing and
implementing another interpreter. The techniques I'm
using seems to be different from most of current
interpreters (I hope so, I'm not very sure, that why I
come to ask questions about interpretation
techniques). The programming language is C++.

The basic idea of this technique is to create a class
to represent each type of script phrase(that's the
term I used in the program, it's just a piece of code
for particular task such assignment,logical/loop
control,function call, whatever). In the phase of
compiling, phrase instances of such classed are made,
and in the execution phase, starting from the first,
each phrase instance is executed and jump to the next
phrase instance for subsequential execution,
like a finite state automa I would say. Currently the
interpretation efficiency is comparable to most
popular interpreters.

For more information, please have a look at:
http://yuan-language.sourceforge.net/

Honest saying, it has just come out for a few monthes,
it's not well tested and there is much things to be
improved. So don't be surprised if some bugs come out
when you run it. In this case, please let me known.
Cheers,

Limin