Clearing the screen

Ishwor ishwor.gurung at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 18:43:34 EST 2004

On 24 Dec 2004 15:33:26 -0800, Lars <lars-www at lycos.com> wrote:
> Hi Iswor,
>
> If I understand you correctly then your program is writing output to a
> console/terminal window and you want to clear that window.
> I don't know of any library methods for that, but you might just do:

well i am not doing any console i/o. Just simple one. i am trying to
clear the IDLE (one of python IDE distributed with the original
distribution) screen which is pretty easy but having to do
>>>import cls
>>> cls()
everytime is boring (2 lines of boredom!!) so what i want is to be
able to do just
>>>cls()
and nothing more or even less!! ;-)

> os.system("cls")      #for windows
> or
> os.system("clear")   #for unix
yeah i have used the 'os' module's system() method but that wasn't what i meant.

> Not the most advanced solution though.
;-) Thanx anyway mate.

[snip]
--