New versions breaking extensions, etc.

Jive someone at microsoft.com
Tue Dec 14 23:55:40 EST 2004

"Robin Becker" <robin at SPAMREMOVEjessikat.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:41BEBA37.5040104 at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk...
> Cameron Laird wrote:
> There was no rational reason
> for me to upgrade to VC 7.x, but now I'm forced to by my preferred
language.
> --
> Robin Becker

That's the way I feel about it too.  Actually, I'm getting pushed toward
Microsoft from other directions, also for no good reason -- and for a whole
lot of computers, not just for the one on my desk.

Open letter to Bill Gates:

Dear Bill,

Okay. You win again.  It was silly of me to think Python would help me
escape your clutches.  Look at how good I am being now.  I am typing this
into an Outlook Express window, using a Microsoft operating system that you
will no doubt find a way to make me replace very soon.  You beat me fair and
square.  Well, square, anyway.  Congratulations.  I give up.

Jive