list Integer indexing dies??

Ishwor ishwor.gurung at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 09:53:21 EST 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:40:12 -0300, Batista, Facundo
<FBatista at unifon.com.ar> wrote:

> [Ishwor]
>
> #- >>> 'invalid'[0]
> #- 'i'
> #- >>> 123232[-1]
> #- # Python should automagically infer here that user
> #- # means indexing and *not* the number per se.
> #- # (i mean list in context of the line :-) )
>
> Python never should automagically infer nothing!
>
> Type "import this" in the interactive interpreter and look at rule #2.

It would be too much sometimes.. its like saying "do only as much as i
say and nothing much. If you are trying to give some gift to me, i
won't take it "
Anyway i'll go with import this's #2.

> #- > IOW, the string is a sequence of characters, and the
> #- integer is not sequence
> #- > at all.
> #- >
> #-
> #- strings are immutable sequence of collections in Python. Integers are
> #- numbers. ;-)
>
> Nop. Strings are not a sequence of collections, just a sequence of
> characters.

Sorry i'll rephrase it. strings are **immutable sequence** of
characters which fall under Collections type.  ;-)

--
cheers,
Ishwor Gurung