Best GUI for small-scale accounting app?

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue Dec 28 15:36:47 EST 2004

On Dec 28, 2004, at 1:16 PM, Paul Rubin wrote:

> Well, those are commercial developers who are afraid of the GPL.

	No, they were several members of the Python community. I disagreed
with their interpretation of the GPL, but the fact remains that it was
a major stumbling block to getting others involved.

> I don't see how you lose with the GPL, unless you count missing out on
> the exciting opportunity to be an unpaid employee of someone else's
> corporation, without even getting back improvements made to your code.

	The downside is gaining critical mass for the project. Having several
visible Python folks refuse to even look at what we were doing was not
helping things at all. And I think it the chances of someone else using
my code without payment or anything is a pretty small risk. We still
own copyright, which means that while they can use it, they can't claim
it's theirs.

> I'm not sure what sizers are

	OIC - then this is not going to be very fruitful.

> Ehhh, sounds a little too much like javabeans :).

	No, it sounds like every other development environment for creating
database applications. I looked a long time for something like this in
Python before undertaking the writing of it myself.

      ___/
     /
    __/
   /