Why would I use inspect.isclass()?

It's me itsme at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 11:33:05 EST 2004

Steve,

You are correct that I worry too much about types.   It's *really* hard not
to - having so many years of C in my head (and I am not exactly a
programmer).

I realize that "if you don't understand duck typing, you don't really
understand Python" - and that's why I am struggling to learn about this.

It's hard to writing a routine and not thinking what kind of parameters will
be passed down from above.  In the old days, we go out of the way to do that
so programs don't fail in mysterous ways.

"Steve Holden" <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote in message
news:0ATAd.63675$Jk5.14829 at lakeread01...
> it's me wrote:
>
> > Okay, Nick, I didn't know you can pass a "Class" rather then an
instance.  I
> > have to chew on what your example does.
> >
> > But no, I want to pass an instance of a Class.  But how do I know that
the
> > calling routine *did* pass me a class - pardon me: an instance of a
Class?