lies about OOP

Gregor Horvath g.horvath at mx.at
Wed Dec 15 04:38:59 EST 2004

Daniel T. wrote:
> beliavsky at aol.com wrote:
>

>>A paper finding that OOP can lead to more buggy software is at
>>http://www.leshatton.org/IEEE_Soft_98a.html
>

> Sure, OOP *can* lead to more buggy software, that doesn't mean it always
> does.

I think that costs(=time) to develop and maintain software depends not
on wheter it is based on OOP or not but on two factors:

* Number of NEW Code lines to solve the given problem
* Complexity of this new code

The anwser to the question if OOP is better is: it depends

If the given problem is solved with less code and complexity in OOP then
it is the better approach if not the reverse is true.

Thats why I like python because it does not force to use OOP or
procedural programming.

But isnt the main argument to code in Python (or other high level
languages) easy of use and compact code?

Therefore should Python code be less buggy and cheaper to develop and
maintain. Are there any papers on that?

--
Greg