Organising data within a program

Nick Evans nick at huff.org.uk
Mon Dec 13 18:06:21 EST 2004

Hey all,
I am currently working on a simple program (small group membership database)
just to get to grips with the language (bit of a newbie here :-)) and am
wondering about the best way of organising the data within the program.

>From my understanding I would have something like person1
=("name","address","phone","subs-due")
Then you would put    membershipdatabase = (person1, person2, personX....)
etc
Now is this the best way of organising this data within the program or is
there a better "known" way?

Also I want to just store this info to a standard txt file. Probably CSV or
something. Is there any particular way I should be saving this data to file?

Thanks in advance

Nick