mathmatical expressions evaluation

aaronwmail-usenet at yahoo.com aaronwmail-usenet at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 10:23:30 EST 2004

> have a task of evaluating a complex series (sorta) of mathematical
> expressions and getting an answer ...

If we assume that you are looking for functionality and speed is
secondary,
please have a look at the technique in

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xsdb/xsdbXML/xsdbXMLpy/functions.py?view=markup

which uses the python parser to generate a parse tree for an arbitrary
expression and then imposes its own semantics on the tree.  In fact
take
a look at xsdb use guide under "Computing other derived values"

http://xsdb.sourceforge.net/guide.html

since xsdbXML implements general computations over xml inputs.
Let me know if you have any comments/questions/suggestions.
-- Aaron Watters

===
Later on we'll perspire, as we stare at the fire
And face so afraid, the bills left unpaid
Walking in a winter wonderland.  --stolen from "for better or worse"