Is there a better way of listing Windows shares other than us ing "os.listdir"

Doran_Dermot at emc.com Doran_Dermot at emc.com
Fri Dec 31 03:51:49 EST 2004

Hi David,

Thanks for the bit of code on finding shares!  I'd been using something a
bit different (win32com.client stuff) but your code looks better.

I've found that "win32file.FindFilesIterator" (suggested to me by another
person on this mailing list) allows the gui to remain responsive. Using the
same code to execute the "os.listdir" hangs the gui!

I've been using the wx.PostEvent and Python threading objects to implement
multi-threading. Works very well!  The wxPython demo illustrates the use of
wx.PostEvent and Python multi-threading extremely well.

Thanks again for your help!

Dermot.