Python mascot proposal

infidel saint_infidel at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 13 11:52:29 EST 2004

Not that my opinion is worth anything in these matters, but I like the
upper-left example at http://exogen.cwru.edu/python.png the best (out
of the samples I've seen thus far).  I don't like the "gear" shape, and
I think adding a coil or circle around the "head" detracts somewhat
from the look.  I like the clean, sharp lines - seems very metaphorical
for the language.  My only critique would be that it appears (to me)
much like a clan insignia from Battletech.  Not that such is a bad
thing, mind you.

I think people are a little over-anxious regarding copyright
infringement.  I think a snake around a holy grail would be a fine
logo, "the holy grail of programming languages" seems appropriate to
me.  There's no way that MPFC can have rights over all possible
combinations of "Python" and "Holy Grail".  Chill out, people.