new comp.lang.python mirror at lampfroums.org--any Linux, Apache, MYSQL, Python Apps?

astro mcgucken at jollyroger.com
Thu Dec 9 06:45:43 EST 2004

Thanks for the feedback.

I linked to Oreilly's onlamp.com article at:

http://lampforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36

What is LAMP?

LAMP is an acronym for Linux, Apache, MYSQL/Postgres, and
PHP/Perl/Python/Ruby.

These open-source efforts offer ever-increasing power and versatility.

In 2001, Dale Dougherty wrote at Oreilly's a
href=http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/01/25/lamp.html :

"Several months ago, David Axmark and Monty Widenius of the MySQL team
visited us in Sebastopol and they dropped a new term in our laps: LAMP.
This term was popular in Germany, they said, to define how MySQL was
used in conjunction with Linux, Apache, and either Perl, Python, or
PHP. Their explanation of LAMP made a lightbulb go off in my head."

"The lightbulb that went off in my head was that LAMP represents the
open source web platform. Most importantly, LAMP is the platform of
choice for the development and deployment of high performance web
applications. It is solid and reliable, and if Apache is any indicator,
then LAMP sites predominate."

Best,

Elliot

--