Ptyon 2.3.5 probably coming in January; get your bugs/patches reported!

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:36:54 EST 2004

[Brett C]
>> Anthony Baxter, our ever-diligent release manager, mentioned this past week
>> that Python 2.3.5 will most likely come to fruition some time in January
>> (this is not guaranteed date).

[Roy Smith]
> Interesting.  Does that mean that 2.3 and 2.4 will be maintained in
> parallel for a while?  That would be awesome.

They'll be maintained in parallel through 2.3.5 in January, which is
all Brett said.  If history is a guide, after 2.3.5 nobody will
volunteer to work on a 2.3.6, and 2.3.5 will be the last release in
the 2.3 line.  It's *possible* that volunteers for 2.3.6 will appear.
That would be unprecedented, but not impossible ...