Trying to understand a little python

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 7 04:07:42 EST 2004

McCarty, Greg wrote:
> Ok, I'm new to python, and I'm trying to come to grips with a few things.
> Got
> lots of years of experience with Java and asp/aspx, etc.  Trying to relate
> Python's behavior to what I already know.

You may find the following a useful overview of how class & instance attributes
work:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2004-November/251782.html

(Keep in mind that I'm only considering 'normal' attributes in that message - it
covers the behaviour in most cases, but not quite all. When things stop behaving
as you expect based on this description, the relevant word is almost certainly
"descriptors")

Cheers,
Nick.