How do I do this? (eval() on the left hand side)

Caleb Hattingh caleb1 at telkomsa.net
Wed Dec 8 21:47:23 EST 2004

Peter, I second that.

Nick

In what way is it unreliable?  I can't seem to create a situation where
the update through globals and locals doesn't work.   Are you referring
perhaps to the possibility of variables being garbage collected and then
not being around later when one tries to access them through a string
name?  I don't know very much about the garbage collector, so I can't say
for sure.

thx
Caleb