BASIC vs Python

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Dec 17 09:25:38 EST 2004

Gregor Horvath wrote:

> It's me wrote:
>
>> Absolutely *ugly*!
>>
>> But still, your point is well taken.  Thank you for pointing this out.
>>
>> Adam was right:
>>
>> "Don't do it, unless your goal is simply to embarrass and insult
>> programmers".
>

> OK. Then please schow me, how you can create a complex form with grids,
> explorer like trees etc. in 2 minutes in standard python.
>
> Or make any given standard python object accessible from MS Excel in 2
> minutes.

If only one could. That would be a system worth using.

For what it's worth, the estimable "Win32 Programming in Python" by
Hammond anf Robinson does spend quite a lot of space explaiing how to
build Python functionality with VB-style front-ends.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119