Easy "here documents" ??

Jim Hill jimhill at swcp.com
Mon Dec 20 00:59:55 EST 2004

John Roth wrote:

[Here docs]
>I'm not sure why you'd want to do this, though.
>It seems like it would be mostly useful in a style
>of programming that's quite foreign to the way
>Python wants to be programmed.

I'm going to try some of the suggestions that others have floated but I
think you've really tumbled to the core of my situation: Trying to take
a Korn shell script and convert it as closely to line-for-line into
Python as possible is Just Dumb.

Jim
--
"I regard NASCAR the same way I regard gay porn: I know it exists and I
know some guys like it; I just don't want to see it."  --  Z. B. Goode