Python To Send Emails Via Outlook Express

ian at kirbyfooty.com ian at kirbyfooty.com
Mon Dec 20 02:21:59 EST 2004

Thanks Fredrik,
That was my first impression too.

But all I want to do is use Python to instruct Outlook Express to send
an email.
That way the user would not have to do any setting up etc of the mail
server properties etc and Outlook Express will magage all the
connection side of things.

I have seen other python scripts that will talk to Excel etc but so far
(despite a lot of searching) I cannot see how Python can talk to
Outlook Express.

I know I can do this in Clarion by accessing MapiSendEmail but because
I'm new to Python I don't know how to do it in Python.  I'm really
impressed with the power of Python. It seems just about anything you
can think of is there already so I know th eanswer is out there
somewhere!

Can this be done using Python? Does anyone have a sample script please?
Pretty please?? <grin>

Ian