Driving win32 GUIs with Python

Andrew McLean spam-trap-095 at at-andros.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 19 17:05:51 EST 2004

I have a requirement to drive a Windows GUI program from a Python
Script. The program was originally a DOS program written in Turbo
Pascal, and was recently translated to Delphi. I don't think it exposes
an OLE or other automation interface. I don't have access to the source.

A bit of Googling turned up some blog entries, which look useful:

http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/000652.html

Before ploughing ahead I wanted to check whether any useful Python tools
are available now, which weren't when the articles above were written.

While not Python related, The "AutoIT Windows Spy" I found here:

http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/

looks like it will be useful.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Regards,