Koolaid (was Re: Optional Static Typing)

Tim Jarman tmj at jLUNCHEON_MEATjarmania.com
Fri Dec 24 10:59:57 EST 2004

In article <ZsCdnZSwWvdn3lbcRVn-gw at powergate.ca>,
 Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:

> P.S.: The ironic thing about all this is that it was
> actually something called "Flavor Aid", made by a
> company called Jel Sert (http://www.jelsert.com),
> and not Kool-Aid at all.  What would be even funnier
> is if the expression doesn't derive from the Jonestown
> suicides and I've always just assumed it did...

I always thought it was a reference to the Illuminatus! trilogy
(http://tinyurl.com/5uhrz) by Robert Shea & Robert Anton Wilson. At
least, I'm pretty sure that's where I came across it. Maybe they were
referencing Jamestown?

Now if only I could think of a connection between this and Python...

--
Remove luncheon meat to reply.