Quixote+Nevow+LivePage

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 12:40:44 EST 2004

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:17:06 GMT, Jp Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
>   I haven't used LivePage myself, but someone in the know tells me
> that LivePage requires an extra, non-HTTP connection to operate, so
> will pretty much only work with Twisted.

The basic technique is to use a "persistent" & hidden client-side
frame that holds the JavaScript glue code. This code is not reloaded;
it talks to the server using XMLRPC, which is an extension that is
supported by many HTTP servers, and then uses the data to update the
view (that is in another frame). A clever hack -- a "client-pull"
model at its best. IOW: as far as the server is concerned, if it
supports XMLRPC, then it's possible to implement something similar to
LivePage.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos