Python mascot proposal

Dimitri Tcaciuc dtcaciuc at sfu.ca
Thu Dec 16 02:42:38 EST 2004

Hm, interesting. So I'm hearing lots of different opinions here, but it
seems like there's not too many radical thoughts about not using snake
at all and it can be pretty much summed up to 2 things
1) use a snake
2) combine snake with -some- monty python's symbolic

I personally totally like the thought of calling the snake Monty, I
couldn't even think of any other alternatives.

But before pushing forward any particular design, maybe it will make
sense to make some sort of official logo contest on Python's main
website and post it on /. ?

That should be a better option, since there obviously are waaay more
great artists out there than the ones that somehow got on these
newsgroups :)

So the question is, how can this be arranged? I am pretty new to Python
in general, so I don't know how this community's clockwork is arranged
and who to contact about that.

Any opinions?

Dimitri.