portable text user interface

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Dec 30 09:44:17 EST 2004

On 2004-12-30, Maxim Kasimov <kasimov at i.com.ua> wrote:

> yes i'm telneting (sshing), that is the reason why i'm looking
> for libs for making text interfaces. i know there is a project
> named "anakonda" - red hat linux installer, but it is uses
> specific C libs. i can use only python libs.

By "only python libs" do you mean only the stuff that's
included in the vanilla CPython distro?  If that's the case,
then curses is pretty much the only choice.  Last time I
looked, it didn't work on Windows.

I've used the snack module (which is what anaconda uses), and
it's very handy for simple text-based UIs.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm having a
                                  at               RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE... and