Win32 Libs for 2.4

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Dec 7 16:54:28 EST 2004

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Robin Becker wrote:
>
>> I don't think this forces the linker to load stuff from this module
>> although I can see that it might be dangerous depending on which obj
>> files are seen first.
>

> I think you are wrong. In the object, there will be simply a linker
> command line option encoded; do "dumpbin /all foo.obj" to see the
> linker options.

yes I understood that, but I thought

   Linker Directives
    -----------------
    -defaultlib:MSVCRT
    -defaultlib:OLDNAMES

doesn't force the code to use entrypoints in those libs so I consider it
weak. Anyhow despite these records being in the static library object
files it doesn't seem to have forced msvcrt to be used directly. I
assume that this is because earlier objects have brought in a library
which already satisfies the externals. Or perhaps I'm just lucky in that
the libjpeg routines don't actually use anything from msvcrt.

--
Robin Becker