Parse XML using Python

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Thu Dec 9 12:03:06 EST 2004

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 06:00:27 -0800, Anil wrote:

> Thomas Guettler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is an example how to use sax:
>>
>> http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/howto/node12.html
>>
>>  Thomas
>>
>> --
>> Thomas Güttler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/
>

> Could you please tell me how to achieve the below.
> I am interested in  getting the output like:

Anil, "use sax" is all you are likely to get as a starting point. If
someone just hands you a solution, what have you learned?

Start using sax (or some other parser, personally I think I'd recommend
ElementTree for this use (google it)), and if you have trouble, post a
the exact code you have, the exact input you are using, what happens, and
what you expected to happen.

It is unlikely that repeated appeals, in the absence of evidence that you
tried to solve it yourself, will get you anywhere.