Deadlock detection

Stephen Kellett snail at objmedia.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 09:16:03 EST 2004

>Does anyone know of a deadlock detector for Python?  I don't think it
>would be too hard to hook into the threading module and instrument
>mutexes so they can be tested for deadlocks. I've googled around but I
>haven't found anything.

Software Verification have Python Thread Validator. Its not publicly
advertised on the beta part of the website, but it is available.

        http://www.softwareverify.com/publicBeta.html

Take a look at Thread Validator or Java Thread Validator to see what the
tool looks like (the Python tool is similar). If you are interested send
an email to support asking about the Python port.

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett
Object Media Limited    http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk