Directory structure inside a ZipFile object

Thu Dec 9 10:42:57 EST 2004

Bulba! wrote:
> tried to  read file, zip it, and put in the target directory....
>
> It works nice, except the zipfile created contains the directory path
> of the source file -- which I do NOT want to recreate.
Look into the two-argument form of the write command:

     import zipfile
     archive = zipfile.ZipFile('box.zip', 'w', zipfile.ZIP_DEFLATED)
     archive.write('source/somewhere/one.txt', 'name.txt')
     archive.write('two.txt', 'another.txt')
     archive.close()

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org