Looking for source preservation features in XML libs

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz gradha at titanium.sabren.com
Tue Dec 28 05:12:19 EST 2004

Hi.

I'm looking for two specific features in XML libraries. One is two be
able to tell which source file line a tag starts and ends. Say, tag
<para> is located on line 34 column 7, and the matching </para> three
lines later on column 56.

Another feature is to be able to save the processed XML code in a way
that unmodified tags preserve the original identation. Or in the worst
case, all identation is lost, but I can control to some degree the
outlook of the final XML output.

I have looked at xml.minidom, elementtree and gnosis and haven found any
such features. Are there libs providing these?

--
  Please don't send me private copies of your public answers. Thanks.