Persistent objects

Paul Rubin http
Sun Dec 12 08:08:40 EST 2004

Nigel Rowe <rho at see.signature.invalid> writes:
> Maybe POSH (http://poshmodule.sourceforge.net/) is what you want.

Thanks, that is great.  The motivation was somewhat different but it's
clear that the authors faced and dealt with most of the same issues
that were bugging me.  I had hoped to avoid the use of those proxy
objects but I guess there's no decent way around them in a
multi-process setting.  The authors similarly had to reimplement the
basic Python container types, which I'd also hoped could be avoided,
but I guess what they did was straightforward if messier than I'd like.

POSH also makes no attempt to implement persistence, but maybe that's
a fairly simple matter of mmap'ing the shared memory region and
storing some serialized representation of the proxy objects.  If I
correctly understand how POSH works, the number of proxies active at
any moment should be fairly low.